About the book:
The Kobi Yamada book has been thoughtfully selected to pair with our STEM toolkit as it fills a pivotal aspect missing from the toolkit… you. The book reminds us that our own ideas are the most important part of doing STEM and perfectly encourages kids to dream up ideas that will change the world.
Note: You will receive a hard-cover copy of this picture book.
About the STEM toolkit:
It’s the original Inventor Kids STEM Toolkit. It combines essential* tools needed for science, technology, engineering and maths. Each item can be used again and again to enhance your learning experiences. This kit contains prompt cards which are used to investigate and guide your learning. They promote open-ended discoveries and put you at the forefront of your learning. The possibilities are endless!
*Toolkit selection and learning prompts designed by STEM professionals working in multiple areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
This Inventor Kids Box is
- an open-ended learning activity enabling you to develop your STEM mindset by problem solving, thinking creatively and inventively.
- a hands-on play experience where you learn by actively doing the activity.
- electronics free requiring you to develop your cognitive skills to be able to do the maths, measurements, logic, reasoning, data collection and evaluation.
- screen-free requiring no devices to be used in the play experience.
- combines literacy and play to create a wholistic and enriching learning environment by exploring STEM through different mediums.
Toolkit contains: Magnifying glass, tweezers, flexible tape measure, pipette, petri dish, beaker, test tube, 60 second timer, 180 second timer, dot dice, shapes dice, colours dice, round counters, prompt cards and a storage box.
Note: Item colours will vary and may not exactly match the pictures.
Skill development: Maths, science, engineering, reading, fine motor, STEM mindset.
Learning Style: Visual, tactile, audio, open-ended.
Age: 3 years and above.
Warning: Choking hazard with small parts and the potential for sharp objects. Not suitable for children under the age of 3. Due to the open-ended play aspect of this kit, adult supervision is required at all times.